COLUMBUS -- Congratulations to Clifford Baughman, recipient of a 2018 Distinguished Alumni Award from The Ohio State University College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences (CFAES).
The award recognizes those who have brought distinction to themselves and to CFAES through their commitment and leadership.
Baughman, Saint Paris, Ohio, graduated from Ohio State with bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Agricultural Education in 1959 and 1969, respectively. He was recognized for a lifelong dedication to agricultural education that has made a profound impact in western Champaign County, Ohio
“Clifford Baughman is an excellent example of the lasting effect a dedicated agricultural teacher can have on students through the years,” presenter Ryan Conklin told 180 alumni, relatives, faculty, staff and friends during an awards luncheon hosted by CFAES on March 3.
In all, 13 individuals were recognized during the annual event:
- Meritorious Service Award
- Michael Day, Laramie, WY
- Kent Hammond (`72, BS, Horticulture), Wooster, OH
- Dale Seiberling (`50, BS, `51, MS, Dairy Technology), Granville, OH
- Distinguished Alumni Award
- Clifford Baughman (`59, BS, `69, MS, Agricultural Education), Saint Paris, OH
- Edison Fowlks (`65, PhD, Plant Pathology), Hampton, Va.
- Joel Korte (`87, AAS, Landscape Construction & Contract Technology), Chicago
- W. Kirk Miller (`70, BS, Agricultural Economics), Fairfax, Va.
- Rohini Desai Mulchandani (`76, PhD, Food Science & Nutrition), Worthington, OH
- Carl Zulauf (`73, BS, MS, Agricultural Economics), Nevada, OH
- International Alumni Award
- Ming-Tsao Chen (`77, PhD, Animal Science), Taichung, Taiwan
- Alexander Grobman (`48, BS, Agronomy), San Isidro, Lima, Peru
- Young Professional Award
- Kevin Fath (`10, BS, Animal Science), Takoma Park, MD
- Nutsuda Sumonsiri (`12, PhD, Food Science & Nutrition), Bang Sue, Bangkok, Thailand