The Department of Agricultural Communication, Education, and Leadership has named 10 students to the first class of ACEL Distinguished Seniors in 2019. These students were selected by the faculty and staff of the Department for their excellence both in and out of the classroom.
2019 ACEL Distinguished Seniors include:
- Jane Hulse, agricultural communication
- Mary Jenkins, agricultural communication
- Sarah Longo, community leadership
- Cody McClain, agriscience education
- Micah Mensing, agriscience education
- Abby Motter, agriscience education
- Emily Paulsen, community leadership
- Sydney Snider, agricultural communication
- Kayla Walls, agriscience education
- Meghann Winters, agricultural communication
“These 10 seniors are great examples of how you can succeed in both academics and student life,” said Dr. Tracy Kitchel, professor and chair of ACEL. “Each has a unique combination of involvement around student organizations, Greek life, research, internships, and education abroad while performing well in their academics. It’s within that unique combination where we see potential for extraordinary success beyond their undergraduate careers.”
The ACEL Distinguished Seniors were recognized at the Department’s annual banquet on April 16, 2019.
ACEL prepares communicators, educators and leaders in the food, agricultural, and environmental sciences to integrate research-based learning, practice and engagement, in ways that will advance positive changes that strengthen individuals, families and communities. For more information on the academic programs and research available in ACEL, please visit acel.osu.edu.