Students who are interested in declaring a Leadership Studies minor will need to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor to discuss their interest. Once a student has finalized their decision to declare the Leadership Studies minor they should review the Leadership Studies minor advising sheet to select the courses they plan to complete to fulfill the minor requirements.
Note: Some colleges require students to submit a minor program plan that specifies the courses to be completed for the minor. If required, the minor program plan will need to be signed by the Coordinating Advisor of the Leadership Studies minor before it is submitted to an academic advisor in the home college or department.
Students may also be interested in meeting with the Coordinating Advisor for the Leadership Studies minor before, during, or after declaring the minor. If so, you can schedule an appointment with the Leadership Studies Coordinating Advisor by calling (614) 688-3178. The appointment location will be in the Agricultural Administration Building where the Department of Agricultural Communication, Education, and Leadership (ACEL) is housed on the OSU campus.
Restrictions and General Information
1. This minor is not available to students majoring in Agriscience Education or Community Leadership
2. A minor should be declared by the time a student accumulates 60 hours.
3. A minimum 2.00 cumulative point-hour ratio is required in the minor course work; and a minimum grade of a C- is required for each course used to complete the minor.
4. No more than 6 credit hours can overlap between the GE and the minor.
5. The minor must contain a minimum of 12 credit hours distinct from the major and/or additional minors.
6. The minor must include at least 6 hours of upper-level or upper-division course work (3000 or above).
7. Course work graded Pass/Non-Pass cannot count in the minor, and no more than 3 credit hours of course work graded Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory may count toward the minor.
8. No more than 3 credit hours of xx93 may count toward the minor.
9. At least half of the credit hours counting in the minor must be earned in regular OSU coursework
For a complete list of minors at The Ohio State University, please visit http://ascadvising.osu.edu/programs/minors/list .