The mission of ACEL is to sustain life through the preparation of agricultural communicators, educators, and leaders who engage in systematic solutions for positive change in their communities.
Our community of scholars is recognized worldwide for excellence in the integration of learning, discovery and practice in education, outreach and engagement, communication, and leadership.
Our students and graduates are leaders in the food, agricultural, and environmental sciences, known for developing and adapting new information to address issues and solve problems facing a changing world.
- Reflect the standard of excellence in higher education through the integration of teaching, research, and outreach.
- Create and maintain a collegial work environment where faculty, staff, and students function as a team to support and engage colleagues in our research, teaching, and engagement efforts.
- Pursue important and relevant issues in our communities, state, nation, and the world.
- Function as an innovative department from which the next generation of students, research, policy impacts, and educational methodology emerge.
- Provide leadership for collaboration in developing trans-institutional relationships and projects involving peers in our college, university, and around the world.
- Be proactive in the pursuit of diversity in our thoughts, ideas, and human capital portfolio.
- Demonstrate excellence in our teaching.